2022 HazCom Standard Update: Labeling, SDS & Training Requirements
Hazard Communication (29 CFR 1910.1200) remains OSHA’s most cited general industry standard, and the latest revisions are leaving employers asking what’s required now to stay in compliance.
Join us for our instructor-led, 60-minute program to learn how to comply with the current Hazard Communication Standard, keys to navigating the mountain of paperwork, plus how to contend with various types of hazard materials management. You’ll discover:
- Key compliance updates to the Hazard Communication Standard
- Planned changes to definitions and hazardous classifications,
- New classifications in the proposed new rule and developments
- SDS format changes, pictograms, and training requirements
- Must-have components for your Hazard Communication Program
- Coordination of HazCom elements with HAZWOPER and with Controlled Banding Programs
Keys to Meeting the Latest Hazard Communication Standard
- Guiding principles of the Harmonization Process
- Proposed Standard: Key differences employers need to know
- Understanding changes to definitions and hazard classifications
- Considerations for updating your chemical inventory list
Labeling and Safety Data Sheet Requirements for Your Facility
- Must-know updated labeling requirements
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) format changes
- Ensuring employees understand the changes
Keeping Your HazCom Standard Program Up-to-Date and Compliant
- What you need to do and when you need to do it
- Practices for better and more meaningful employee training
- The 5 HCS items you must make available to OSHA Inspectors.
About the Speaker
Adele Abrams is an attorney and the president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams PC, a multi-attorney firm. She represents employers nationwide in OSHA and MSHA litigation. Adele also provides safety training, consultation and auditing services.
She is the 2017 recipient of the National Safety Council’s DSSA award and is an active member of the American Society of Safety Professionals, where she has received the SPY award multiple times. Adele is also on the faculty of the University of Colorado, and Catholic University, where she instructs on employment, labor and occupational safety law.
This 60-minute program will give safety managers and employers a clear understanding of the rule changes for the Hazard Communication Standard, compliance requirements, and guidelines for effective employee training.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.