CANCELLED: Client Uptick Expected Over 2020 Employment Visa Reforms: Are You Ready?
We at Premier Learning Solutions understand deeply the impact the current status of COVID-19/coronavisus is having on businesses and their operations. We have decided at this time to cancel this event and will re-visit at a later date.
To help organizations navigate this difficult time, we are offering the following program:
Coronavirus & Influenza: Obligations Under FMLA, ADA, Title VII & More. You can learn more by visitng click here
Searches for visa-related jobs on Indeed spiked a 673% increase in 2018.
And with tightening immigration policies, you might start to see an uptick in employee visa cases if you haven’t already - especially since the government plans to move forward with new regulations that redefine the H-1B and L-1 visa programs in 2020.
In this 90-minute workshop, we’ll be covering the latest visa updates and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)'s plans for 2020, including:
- Legal red flags to know for employee visas, including H-1B, L-1, O-1, H-4, TN (as impacted by the “New NAFTA”), and F-1 practical training (both CPT and OPT)
- What's new in the first quarter of 2020 and how it impacts all work-related visa categories, including I-94 and I-9 forms
- How the USCIS's newly proposed regulations will impact employers later this year
Turning student visas into green cards:
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) visas: What codes are on the chopping block this year?
- How to legally get an international student from OPT student visa to H-1B temporary visa to green card
Navigating the new lottery system:
- Techniques to expedite the application process
- Keys to distinguishing between H-1B specialty occupations and O-1 “extraordinary ability and achievement”
- New qualification standards for H-1B applicants and ways to boost the chances of applicants to qualify
What’s subject to change later this year:
- Changes to the H-4 visa in March 2020
- New regulations if the USCIS narrows companies’ ability to sponsor L-1B visas
- New NAFTA’s potential changes to the TN visa classification in 2020
About the Speaker
Jim Castagnera Ph.D, J.D. has practiced law for over 30 years, acting as a labor, employment and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, a general counsel for Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates, and the associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University.
At Rider University, Jim was the designated school official for F-1 visas and point of contact for faculty OPT, H-1B and O-1 visas, and Greencards.
In this 90-minute workshop, find out recent changes to employee visas and ways to make them work to your advantage. You’ll also get prepared for more visa changes coming into effect later in 2020.