Crafting Job Descriptions: Avoid Liability and Drive Stronger Results
Writing a job description is no easy task - you have to make sure it attracts top talent, but can also withstand scrutiny under FLSA, ADA or federal and state EEO laws. Many job descriptions fail to meet these two requirements. How can you ensure your job descriptions meet legal requirements while effectively describing the position? During this 60-minute webinar, you'll discover:
- Best practices for writing job descriptions and what you need to include
- Legal considerations when updating and reviewing current descriptions
- What's required under federal and state EEO laws, FLSA and ADA?
- How to avoid legal pitfalls and common mistakes that will cost you big
Drafting Job Descriptions: What You Should and Shouldn't Include
- Find the middle ground between too much detail and not enough
- Key elements and disclaimers you must include in every job description
- Words to avoid: Language that can trigger discrimination claims
Legal Liabilities in Job Descriptions: How to Avoid Common Mistakes
- What's considered a reasonable accommodation - Physical, emotional, and more
- All you need to know about EEO laws, FLSA, and ADA compliance updates
- Properly list working conditions - without "screening out" applicants
Updating and Monitoring Your Job Descriptions: Guidelines to Remain Current
- Warning signs to watch out for: Are your job descriptions out of date?
- Best practices to protect against claims in updating job descriptions
- Using yearly evaluations to help when update job descriptions
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Pamela Shull, CPP, SPHR gives you practical, real-world, effective guidance on a variety of accounting topics from payroll to overtime exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Pamela, both a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), has more than 38 years of experience as a director of human resources and payroll, controller, auditor, businesswoman, consultant, instructional designer, and trainer. She is a specialist in Canadian payroll, human resources and sales tax compliance.
- She has presented hundreds of seminars, workshops, and webinars to businesses in all major business sectors.
Join us for this 60-minute webinar to discover insights in to crafting job descriptions that are compliant with current ADA and FLSA regulations to avoid a lawsuit.