DOL’s New PAID Program: Avoid Costly FLSA Violations & Litigation Costs
The Department of Labor's (DOL) Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has launched a new nationwide pilot program, the Payroll Audit Independent Determination (PAID) program to quickly resolve potential overtime and minimum wage violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The goal is to resolve claims fast and without litigation, improve employers' compliance, and ensure more employees receive the back wages they are owed.
This is a limited, 6-month pilot program so employers need to act NOW to take advantage of this opportunity to receive relief from costly fines for non-compliance with FLSA. In this 90-minute event we'll address:
- How the PAID program will save employers litigation costs and fines
- Keys to conducting self-audits and meeting program requirements
- What if your audit uncovers overtime or minimum wage violations?
- What the PAID program is, how it works and when it ends
DOL's New PAID Program & How it Helps Employers
- DOL's offer to come into compliance - benefits to employers
- PAID program requirements: Avoid disqualification
- Legal protection for employers and employees
- What parts of FLSA are covered by the PAID program?
- Relief the PAID programs provides to FLSA violators
Conducting Effective Self-audits: How Compliant are You?
- Steps for conducting a complete and thorough self-audit
- How to report violations found during an audit
- Ways to "clean up" your system for future compliance
FLSA, Overtime & Minimum Wage Regulations for Employers
- FLSA mandated requirements for overtime and minimum wage
- Paying back wages owed to affected employees
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Mark Schwartz has over 15 years experience in state and federal payroll tax audits, collections, and payroll consulting. His background includes:
- As an auditor, Mark prided himself on his ability to educate his auditees on state and federal payroll tax requirements. Whatever issues he found in audits, he ensured the auditee knew how to comply in the future. He worked to minimize company disruptions in the audit process.
- In addition to his real-life experiences, Mark has a Masters in Business Administration, and currently uses his entertaining and helpful personality to help organizations prepare for payroll tax audits whether they've already got the notice or are still hoping they don't!
Discover how DOL's PAID program can help you spot potential FLSA violations for overtime and minimum wage, and find a quick resolution before getting hit with costly fines or litigation.