Effective Safety Leadership: Your Workforce Depends On It!
The COVID-19 pandemic put employees and workplaces at risk in a way we haven’t seen in generations. Safety professionals and their leadership have been crucial to keeping us safe and businesses operating.
Safety leaders need to take a close look at their approach to safety pre-pandemic, currently and into the future – and must be able to adapt. In this dynamic program, we’ll show you how to be an effective safety leader using both lagging and leading safety metrics to clearly determine your current and future safety policy and program needs. Plus, how these metrics help gain buy-in from employees and executives to build a more robust safety program in your organization. Join us as we discuss:
- Safety-based behaviors that get employees to take responsibility for their own safety
- Important guidance on the differences between a “safety climate” and a “safety culture.”
- Understanding the difference between a lagging indicator and a leading indicator
- How to set up safety dashboards and scorecards to keep your safety program on track
- Keys to analyzing current safety policies and adapting them for today’s safety needs
Safety Leader’s Toolkit: Key Metrics to Keep Safety Upfront
- Using lagging safety indicators to measure past events
- Employing leading safety indicators to measure future successes
- Avoiding the traps: Safety is more than compliance and cost savings
- Identifying safety standards that most impact a distributed workforce
Keep it Going: Strategies to Improve and Maintain a Safe Workplace
- Moving from a sort-lived “safety climate” to a sustainable “safety culture”
- Understanding your distributed workforce and their needs: onsite, remote, GIG
- Giving employees ownership in their own safety
- How to set up and utilize safety dashboards and scorecards
- Digging into job safety analyses: Your advanced look at safety needs
- Tips to fully employ EHS (environmental safety and health) software
About the Speaker
Max Muller has been an expert in business law for over 49 years. In 1990 he began a consulting practice focusing on workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc., as well as safety and health regulatory compliance.
Max has shared his knowledge and expertise with over 100,000 people worldwide through programs like this, and through his books, including the popular SHRM/HarperCollins Leadership book: The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know. Second Edition.
Learn the skills and analytics needed to become an effective safety leader during this new era of health risks, remote employees and new compliance requirements. Discover how to evaluate your current safety procedures and update them for the current climate, plus how to engage employees to take an active part in their own safety.If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!