Employee Travel & Expense Reimbursement: Comply with IRS Rules
Recent changes from the IRS on documentation requirements could leave your organization vulnerable when an auditor comes knocking on your door.
Between taxable, non-taxable, accountable, non-accountable, 100% deductible and 50% deductible – the regulations are numerous, and a missed step could cost you big.
Spot the holes in your expense-reimbursement process before the IRS does.
This workshop will demystify the requirements for travel expenses, employee reimbursement and recordkeeping to keep your organization compliant with federal regulations.
Don't take chances - join our 90-minute webinar to discover:
- What makes a plan accountable vs. non-accountable
- Your options for calculating and reporting taxable expenses to the IRS
- Keys to taxing travel reimbursement: What is (and isn’t) deductible
- How to protect your organization from an auditor
- Employer best practices for recordkeeping
IRS Regulations for Employee Expense Reimbursement
- IRS reimbursement requirements for taxing employee expenses
- Expense reimbursement plans: Accountable vs. non-accountable
- Stay off the audit list: Rules on specific types of reimbursement
- Ways to calculate taxable expenses (before the IRS does)
Requirements for Travel Reimbursements and Expenses
- Travel, entertainment, gift & car expense reimbursements
- When must commuting expenses be reimbursed?
- Personal use of company property: Vehicles, cell phones and more
Best Practices for Processing and Documenting to Stay in Compliance
- Taxation considerations: Avoid missteps that cost you money and time
- Substantiation and documentation: Excluding reimbursement from wages
- Identifying employee fraud: Red flags to be aware of
- Methods for timely processing and compliant reporting
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He was previously an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one-billion-dollar real estate development company.
- Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2000 training sessions on a myriad of business, tax and financial topics, including: payroll law, sales tax law, financial analysis, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Employee expense reimbursement is one of the most targeted areas for current IRS audits. This training will cover the rules and regulations for expense reimbursements, as well as best practices for compliant processing and reporting.