Postponed: Visa Rules have Changed for 2020: Here’s How to Stay Compliant
We at Premier Learning Solutions understand deeply the impact the current status of COVID-19/coronavisus is having on businesses and their operations. We have decided at this time to cancel this event and will re-visit at a later date.
To help organizations navigate this difficult time, we are offering the following program:
Coronavirus & Influenza: Obligations Under FMLA, ADA, Title VII & More. You can learn more by visitng click here
The government has moved forward with new regulations this year that redefine visa programs, particularly H-1B and L-1 visas.
These changes impact how you recruit new talent and who you hire.
On March 17th, learn the latest visa changes and proposed regulations for which you must be prepared in this 90-minute workshop. We’ll be covering these critical changes:
- The new online registration system for the H-1B visa lottery
- The H-4 EAD was supposed to go away in March - so what happened? Get clarity on the current status.
- USCIS proposed changes to filing and processing fees - when are new immigration fees expected to hit?
- H-1B and L-1 visas’ petition fees will rise by hundreds of dollars, and by thousands for some companies with existing employees with H-1B and L-1 statuses
- Resulting changes you need to know, including I-9 and I-94 changes
- Curricular Practical Training and Optional Practical Training for international students might be removed this year
- New NAFTA’s effect on the TN visa
Navigating the new lottery system
- Changes you need to know for the H1-B visa lottery, including how to use the new electronic registration system
- Ways to demonstrate that your H-1B applicants have the skills needed to qualify for their visas, plus a new minimum salary qualification you must be willing to pay
- What you need to do if you’re filing a H-1B cap-subject petition
Adjustments you’ll need to make to your 2020 recruiting and hiring plans
- Recruiting international students right out of college? You might be in for a rude awakening
- Tips for hiring international students: Go from OPT student visa to H-1B temporary visa to green card
- New compliance regulations, including to your I-94 and I-9 forms
Planning for updates later this year
- Bringing foreign executives, managers, and experts to U.S. offices is about to get more difficult: Learn how you can have the best of the best leading your company
- New NAFTA’s impact on the TN visa classifications
About the Speaker
Jim Castagnera Ph.D, J.D. has practiced law for over 30 years, acting as a labor, employment and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, a general counsel for Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates, and the associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University.
At Rider University, Jim was the designated school official for F-1 visas and point of contact for faculty OPT, H-1B and O-1 visas, and Greencards.
In this 90-minute workshop training, we’ll go over the latest visa changes you need to know, how they impact your recruiting and hiring, and ways to prepare for coming changes that will affect you in Q2-Q4.