Exempt vs. Nonexempt: Proven Strategies to Avoid Costly Mistakes
Wage and Hour mistakes are on DOL's radar more than ever with millions being spent on enforcing the FLSA regulations. With last year's major rule change to exempt v. non-exempt, this is even more complicated. Your payroll department needs straightforward answers to better protect your company and avoid costly litigation and expensive settlements. Join us for this 90-minute program, where you will discover:
- Overtime rule change a year later: Lessons learned & ongoing impact
- Exempt vs. Nonexempt: Your straightforward guide to get it right
- Latest FLSA enforcement rules: Keys for total compliance
- The top misclassification hazards: Avoid the most common pitfalls
- How to correct classification errors: What's legal; What's not
Hours Worked Issues: Solutions For Payroll to Stay Off of the DOL's Radar
- What's on the clock & what's not: Be compliant, avoid repercussions
- Calculating OT pay rates to account for bonuses, commissions & incentives
- Smartphones & Email: Overcome tricky off the clock issues
Exempt vs. Non-exempt: Eliminate the Confusion, Avoid Liability
- How to properly apply the federal salary basis test
- Deductions that can turn salary status into hourly pay
- Motor Carrier Act: Handling drivers, mechanics and loaders
Latest FLSA Rules: How to Ensure Compliance with New Rule Change
- Techniques to allocate retroactive pay increases to affected pay periods
- Misclassified employees: How to make the right corrections
- Discipline & leave policies for exempt employees: What's legal, what's not
- What we've learned since the FLSA overtime rule change
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Pamela Shull, CPP, SPHR gives you practical, real-world, effective guidance on a variety of accounting topics from payroll to overtime exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Pamela, both a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), has more than 38 years of experience as a director of human resources and payroll, controller, auditor, businesswoman, consultant, instructional designer, and trainer. She is a specialist in Canadian payroll, human resources and sales tax compliance.
- She has presented hundreds of seminars, workshops, and webinars to businesses in all major business sectors.
Join expert Pamela Shull for this 90-minute webinar where you and your staff will learn how to avoid costly overtime & classification traps under FLSA regulations.