Form W-2 Filing for 2019: Compliance Updates
The W-2 provides information pertinent to the employee, employer and the IRS - and Payroll is the nexus that brings it all together. If the W-2 is not handled properly, or contains inaccurate information, it impacts several areas including taxation, reporting, healthcare...the list goes on.
The IRS provides updated tax rates and changes how taxable income is calculated each year. This 60-minute workshop will update even the most seasoned payroll professional with new legislation that needs to be considered. We'll also help the W-2 new comer understand all the boxes on the form and what should be reported. Join us as we discuss:
- New W-2 reporting deadlines and updates to how the form is processed
- Details around new codes added for The Tax Cuts & Jobs Act
- Proper W-2 filing requirements with the SSA
- Understanding special state W-2 requirements
- Overview of year end and W-2 best practices
Compliance Rules & Requirements for Form W-2
- Updated legislation to consider for W-2
- New SSN truncation rules from the IRS on the Form W-2.
- State by state discussion of special W-2 considerations
- A brief overview of year end and W-2 best practices will also be discussed
Detailed Look at the Latest Form W-2
- Get updated on the latest W-2 requirements
- Inside the W-2: W-2 box by Box review
- Understanding the new W-2 codes
- Year End and W-2 best Practices
Distributing and Correcting Form W-2
- Laws around how employers should provide W-2 to employees
- Tips for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 information
- Rules for the electronic delivery of Form W-2 to employees
- Using Form W-2 v. when to correct the W-2 itself
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.
- During Dayna's time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures.
- Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA.
- She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
- Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
Get an in-depth look at the latest Form W-2, reporting requirements, how to ensure correct information, plus keys to making corrections. You'll get clear guidelines on how to keep your organization compliant.