Handling Difficult Conversations: Keys to Stopping Bad Behavior
Have you ever hesitated when faced with confronting an employee or colleague about an uncomfortable situation? No one looks forward to a difficult conversation, but they are an essential element of a productive workplace. Learn how to have those difficult discussions without bruising egos or causing a bigger conflict.
This interactive, on-demand webinar ensures you know how to:
- Prepare for your difficult conversation
- Provide constructive criticism without creating conflict
- Confront problems directly and professionally
- Deliver feedback and avoid backlash after the fact
Prepare for Your Conversation: Identify & Understand the Problem
- 3-step model to identify which issues are worth confronting
- Know what you want to get out of conversation
- Pointers to keep emotion out of your conversation
Strategies to Deliver Your Difficult Conversation Successfully
- Solution-focused tactics to respond to bad behavior
- How to deal with attitudes, egos and other problem areas
- Keep disagreements from escalating into arguments
Post-Conversation Skills: Encouraging Open Lines of Communication
- Specific follow-up techniques to change negative behavior
- Resolve conflict and still maintain a positive relationship
- Stop gossip and negativity - clean up the potential backlash
About the Speaker
Pamela Jett is an internationally recognized presenter and author on developing leadership skills and improving workplace relationships. Her background includes:
- Pamela has presented over 800 presentations to more than 135,000 people in seven countries.
- She has worked with clientele ranging from the high-tech sector and manufacturing to women's groups and government agencies. Here is a partial list: Lockheed Martin, Allstate Insurance, Sony, The United Way and NASA.
- She is specifically known for her programs that take participants beyond theory to hands-on application for immediate results.
This 60-minute program will provide you with proven ways to handle difficult conversations, allowing you to create and maintain a more positive work environment for you and your entire team.