The Latest W-2 Updates for 2020: Ensure Accurate, Compliant Filing
The 2020 Form W-2 has brought special challenges for Payroll this year-end because of all the IRS changes related to COVID-19.
This workshop will set you up for success as you submit your W-2's, whether you’re a seasoned payroll professional or a W-2 newcomer.
Our Payroll expert, Dayna Reum, will walk you through an overview of year end and W-2 best practices, plus updates to the W-2 for tax year 2020 such as how to handle the SSN truncation.
Join our information-packed program for:
- An in-depth look at the new W-2 reporting deadlines
- The impacts of FFCRA qualified leave on Form W-2 reporting
- New SSN truncation rules from the IRS for Form W-2s
- The latest updates on how to process the W-2 form
This program will go through:
- Updated legislation impacting the 2020 Form W-2
- How to report FFCRA leave on the W-2
- Understanding the changes to Social Security taxation
- W-2 requirements for 2020 reporting
- Form W-2 box by box review
- Understanding the new W-2 codes
- State by state discussion of special W-2 considerations
- Year-end and W-2 best practices to ensure compliance
- How to complete an audit of the Form W-2 before releasing to your employees
- Validating totals between the 941 and the W-3/W-2
About the Speaker
Dayna Reum is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field for over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll.
- Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
- Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This workshop will equip you with everything you need to accurately file the Form W-2 for 2020. We’ll review pertinent IRS updates, including updates to Form W-2, and answer your most pressing questions about year-end filing.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!