Making Payments to Non-US Persons: IRS Form 1042 Compliance
Increased IRS scrutiny on payments made to Non-US Persons means you and your payroll department need to know the ins and outs of Form 1042 to avoid penalties. The cost to your organization can be significant if it is not ready to accurately file Forms 1042 and 1042-S under Federal law. How can you prepare now to file Form 1042 without issue for year-end 2017? Join us for this 90-minute training to discover:
- Essential end of year checklist for Accounts Payable
- How to prepare your forms by end of year - even if you haven't started yet
- Ways to ensure your 1099s, 1042S and other forms will be ready
- Avoid compliance penalties and interest: Common mistakes Accounts Payable make
IRS From 1042-S Updates: Important Changes for FY2017
- IRS form updates: How recent laws have changed W-8, 1042-S
- Documenting, reporting, and withholding on bundled payments
- How to fulfill reporting obligations via Form 1042, 1042-S
- Ways your A/P processes can reflect FATCA withholding rules
Ensure Error-Free Filing: How to Avoid Reporting & Withholding Issue
- Making payments to US & Non-US Persons: Keys to getting it right
- Best ways for handling extension requirements for 1042-S
- Pin-point the key elements of the IRS source-income rule: Stay compliant
- Identifying the correct amount of U.S. tax withholding on payments
Essential Checklist for Your 2017 Year-End: Know Before You Go
- Additional documentation issues of Foreign Status and Treaty Claims
- Keys to identify troublesome IRS source-income rule
- Breaking down W-8,1042,1042-S payee & payment reporting situations
- Avoiding penalties in the event of an audit: Best practices for best results
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman.
- He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company.
- Miles is a professional speaker and consultant, who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Miles is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax, as well as financial modeling & analysis, leadership, business strategy and communications.
- He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools available at www.soxpolicies.com and www.salestaxadvisor.com. Please visit his websites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
Join us for this crucial, online training to ensure you file your Form 1042 correctly and avoid costly mistakes and errors.