Mobile Devices: Creating Legally Effective Employee Use Policies
iPads, iPhones, and other phones, tablets and smart devices are everywhere now in the work place. Whether your employees are utilizing them for work or personal use, or both, there are a host of legal issues and risks employers need to address.
Employers need to be concerned with issues on wage and hour, confidentiality breaches, inappropriate use of company equipment, and privacy to name a few. How can you bulletproof your internal policy and procedures to minimize legal liability and security issues? Join us for this 75-minute webinar where you and your staff will discover:
- Keys to draft & communicate an effective mobile device policy
- Minimize your FLSA liability: How to comply with labor laws
- What's legal & what's not when monitoring employee tech use
- Discipline do's and don'ts to regulate employee Smartphone abuse
Mobile Devices in the Workplace: Employment & Legal Issues & Risks
- Managing data generated by devices and how it's used
- Privacy: How and with whom are employees sharing information?
- Solutions to minimize overtime issues & record keeping liability
- Compensable time for non-exempt employees' use of mobile devices
Keys to Drafting Effective Tablet & Smartphone Policies at Work
- Be FLSA compliant: How to update your policy & be protected
- Guidelines to implement & enforce your mobile device policy
- Employee handbook: What you should & shouldn't include
- Safety issues with tablets & Smartphones: Keys steps you need to take
Disciplining Smartphone Abuse: Minimize Liabilities, Increase Safety
- Monitor the use of company owned devices: What's legal, what's not
- Misuse of company-owned technology: Disciplining do's & don'ts
- Best strategies to protect confidential & business information
Live Q&A Session - Have Your Specific Smartphone Policy Questions Answered!
About the Speaker
- In a parallel career, he is an Entrepreneur/Technologist for architectural and software development firms. He has a Master's degree in Computer Science and has architecture and development experience in cloud computing, blockchain, IOT, cyber security, banking, financial, manufacturing, healthcare and legal applications.
- He is the author of McGraw Hills's "Blockchain: A Practical Guide to Developing Business, Law, and Technology Solutions" as well as 10 other internationally published books on software development covering the Blockchain, Java, SQL and related technologies.
- He is the co-chair of the New York County Lawyers Association Law and Technology Committee. Mr. Bambara is a frequent speaker on legal cloud computing issues and has taught courses on all aspects of the law and enterprise and mobile development in cities worldwide.
Join us to learn what should go into your employee mobile device policies now. Whether you're updating your old policy or creating a new one, we provide the information you need to ensure compliance. Learn the greatest risks to your company when employees use mobile devices, and how to address each in your policies.