New W-4 & W-2 Updates: Key Changes & Compliance Requirements
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act changed the method of computing taxable income for individuals. The IRS has now released the first draft of Form W-4 for 2019 designed to fully recognize the elimination of the exemption allowances. This form change will require an overhaul of all payroll systems.
Updates have also been made to Form W-2 and Form W-2 wage and withholding reporting. Our 90-minute webinar will prepare payroll for this filing year, improve your employee reporting set-up and maintenance practices, and reduce your risk of non-compliance with the IRS. Join us to learn:
- Just-released changes to Form W-4 and how to comply
- Updates to Form W-2 and new withholding requirements
- How to ensure your forms have accurate employee information
- Additional taxation and reporting changes payroll needs to know
Form W-4 & W-2 Updates & Requirements: Keys to Stay Compliant
- Clear explanation of legal & regulatory changes for the reporting year
- Close look at updated forms for 2018 and new W-4 for 2019
- What if we make a mistake? Corrections & penalties
Key Reporting Changes & Requirements: Guidelines for Payroll
- Benefits & credits about to expire: What, when & how
- What are the new thresholds for retirement funding?
- Reporting the cost of employer sponsored health coverage
- How to handle expense reimbursement: Is it still reportable or taxable?
- Maximizing your resources when complying with new reporting requirements
Electronic Filing, Reporting & Verification: Accurate & Timely Information
- Keys to efficiently execute an electronic W-4 program
- Verifying employee social security numbers online
- Electronic filing with the SSA using Business Services Online (BSO)
- Where to turn when you want to electronically transmit copies of W-2's
Live Question & Answer Session - Get your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company.
- Miles is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, such as tax, financial analysis and modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- His clients include, Abbott Labs, BASF, Citicorp, the FBI, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, and the US Marine Corps.
In this comprehensive program we'll review the current law and regulations regarding the filing of Forms W-2 and W-4, and provide practical guidance in these areas that have become the subject of increasing IRS scrutiny.