Return-to-Work Programs During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Compliance, Communications & Consistency
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on many organizations.
As a result, significant vulnerabilities have been exposed related to workplace communications, risk management, corporate legal liability and workplace safety.
This workshop will provide an overview for developing a robust return to work program.
It will include communications with employees and stakeholders, best practices for risk management and pandemic-specific requirements issued by regulatory and public health agencies such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Join us for guidelines regarding:
- Developing an effective communication plan for employees returning to work
- Strategies for top-to-bottom responsibilities and accountability
- Best practices for risk assessments for initial, business ramp-up and high-risk activities
- Steps for developing “new normal” safety protocols for employees & contractors
- Critical new, revised, and interim safety and health requirements issued by federal and state regulatory agencies
Don’t compromise safety or compliance as your company modifies operations and returns to the workplace. This workshop will provide you with the latest strategies and regulations to ensure your return to work is compliant and effective.
Topics discussed will include:
- Necessary components of a COVID-19 Return to Work policy
- Outlining a COVID-19 business recovery plan
- Key methods for communicating to employees, contractors and stakeholders
- Identifying risk assessment techniques specific to COVID-19
- Components of a risk assessment checklist (with real-world examples)
- Overlooked risks including supplier responsibilities and employee turnover
- Steps for developing a robust safety program
- New, revised and interim OSHA and CDC regulations
- Key considerations for “Work at Home” employees
- Training requirements and options in a COVID-19 work environment
About the Speaker
Jack Fearing, CPEA, is the Managing Partner for Fearing International Group LLC and has more than 35 years of experience in occupational safety & health management, program auditing & consulting.
- His experience includes EHS Director for a global defense contractor, an audit program director for multi-national manufacturing company and audit team leader for a leading global pharmaceutical company.
- He is a certified Health & Safety auditor, an OSHA-authorized 10/30-hour instructor, and a professional member of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). He was the NJASSP chapter Safety Professional of the Year in 2019.
- Jack is an accomplished speaker and author and has been published in "CoatingsPro", "Today's Facility Manager", "Facility Safety Management," and various American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) professional journals on numerous safety topics. He is a frequent speaker and trainer for local, regional and international venues.
- He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and Boston University. He is retired US Army LTC, Senior Army Aviator and Aviation Safety Officer.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!