Rolling Forecasts: Spot Trends & Focus on Key Drivers
With markets changing rapidly, companies must be able to react immediately and decisively. Traditional budgeting practices take weeks or months to develop, preventing financial professionals from responding quickly to changes. By the time the budget is complete, the information may be obsolete.
Rolling forecasts happen at regular intervals, not once a year, allowing companies to respond fast to trends and spot if they're drifting off course. Rolling forecasts focus on key business drives that impact your business now, rather than on the past. Changes are constant, and companies struggle to find ways to better manage resources and thrive in this turbulent business environment. In our dynamic, 75-minute event you'll discover:
- Why a rolling forecast works better than a traditional budget
- How to better respond to market changes and improve business operations
- Identify the key business drivers you should be focusing on
- Sample formats, tools and techniques to help you get started
- How to use Excel to build rolling forecasts for your organization
Understanding Rolling Forecasts: Why Should You Make the Move?
- Why rolling forecasts are critical in today's challenging environment
- Benefits of rolling forecasts: Why successful companies use them
- The five core components of rolling forecasts
- Become more responsive to market changes and disruptions
- Definition of key business drivers as the basis for rolling forecasts
Developing a Rolling Forecast for Your Organization
- Techniques to make it happen: From dashboards to driver-based forecasts
- Keys to finding the format that best fits your company and goals
- Using key business drivers and cash to influence and impact the future
- Six-step illustrated exercise & solution to create your rolling forecast
Implementing a New Forecasting System: Get Everyone On-Board
- How to move from data-based budgeting to driver-based forecasting
- Simple to understand and apply examples using the excel platform
- Using "What If" analogies to validate forecasts
- Selling the culture changes to make rolling forecasts acceptable
Live Question & Answer Session - Get answers to your specific forecasting questions!
About the Speaker
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation.
- He is a former CFO of a $275M, high growth technology-based company.
- He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience, as well as 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management.
- Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm.
- Carl is a member of: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
- An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points.
By moving to a rolling forecast system, you can make quicker, more accurate determinations for the direction of your business operations. In this 75-minute program you'll learn tools to move from a traditional budgeting system to a rolling forecast; and keys to getting support from the C-suite to front-line staff.