Salary History Questions: Don't Ask, Or Land in Hot Water!
This 60-minute online training will provide you with the information you need to avoid violations in this ever-changing employment landscape. This fast paced, guidance-rich webinar examines the history of pay disparity and why salary inquiry prohibition-type laws (“salary bans”) are being enacted; identifies the differences and similarities between salary ban laws, and details how employers can legally and equitably differentiate between the compensation paid to opposite-sex individuals occupying the same job.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify which pay disparity and salary ban laws apply to their own organizations;
- Focus on the specific requirements of their own state and/or local governmental entities;
- Defend differences between what they are paying men and women for the same job(s);
- Undertake internal steps to bring their organization’s policies and practices into compliance with federal, state or local laws.
Closing the Compensation Gap with Salary History Prohibitions:
- Existing federal and state laws dealing with the pay disparity issue.
- Which entities are covered by salary ban laws.
What Salary Ban Laws mean to your company:
- Salary ban laws that include prohibitions on employees discussing their own compensation with others.
- The impact of an employer’s pre-existing knowledge of an applicant’s compensation history.
- What to do if an applicant voluntarily and without coercion reveals his/her compensation history.
- Lawful differentiations between compensation paid to men versus women in the same position.
Violating the Salary Ban: Where do you go from here?
- Discover the liabilities and possible penalties to both individual managers and organizations under salary ban laws.
- How to change your policies and practices to protect your organization and managers in the future
Live Question and Answer Session with attendees!
About the Speaker
Max Muller possesses more than 40 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman, and consultant. For many years Max held various operating and executive positions with distribution and information technology companies. In 1990, he began a consulting and professional speaking practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of Workplace Legalities, Inventory Control/Cycle Counting, and OSHA.
- Max has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars, podcasts and audio-conferences throughout the United States, England and Canada, attended or participated in by over 100,000 individuals. Max is also a highly experienced instructional designer. He has authored numerous one and multi-day seminars and workshops, training video scripts, and internet distance learning materials for a number of adult continuing education organizations. And, is the author of the best-selling SHRM-published book, “The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know”, Second Edition.
Join us for this 60-minute online training to gain a firm understanding of how compensation inquiry prohibitions affect your organization’s hiring procedures.