Understand & Prevent Workplace Sexual Harassment: Training for Employees
Educating your staff is a critical first step for avoiding sexual harassment and assault in the workplace.
Join us for a fast paced, real world and example rich, 90-minute webinar. We’ll take participants through a wide range of words, nonverbals, and other actions that constitute sexual harassment – both legal but offensive, to clearly unlawful and actionable.
This training couples that information, with effective measures to avoid, reduce, report and react to sexual harassment claims.
Your staff will discover the following:
- Define what constitutes discrimination or sexual harassment - plus, what does not – under federal and state laws, and an organization’s policies
- Discern the difference between words and actions that are legal but harmful, as well as words and actions that do violate the law(s)
- Recognize protected classes of individuals under federal and state laws, regulations and case law
- An understanding of the difference between gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
- How micro-assaults, micro-insults and micro-invalidations can morph into bullying or unlawful harassment
- Describe and adhere to the elements of the organization’s anti-discrimination and harassment policies including the entity’s complaint reporting, confidentiality and anti-retaliation provisions
- The remedies available to them under federal, state and local laws, and the organization’s policies
- Ways to analyze factual settings to determine if a sexual harassment charge is "quid pro quo” or "hostile environment”
- How to comprehend their own personal liability for violations of the law and/or organizational policies
Eliminate Risk: Stop Sexual Harassment Before It Occurs
- Clearly define and identify sexual harassment in its various forms
- Techniques you can use to focus on prevention, detection & protection
- Ways to handle unacceptable behavior & deescalate before things go too far
- Harassment vs “harmless humor”: clear up the confusion
The Complaint/Reporting Process & the Proper Way to Navigate Through it
- Where plus how to speak up: using courage & complaint reporting channels
- Critical ways to handle issues appropriately & what's legally required
- Understand your rights as an employee & your organization’s responsibilities
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Max Muller has more than 40 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and professional trainer.
- In 1990, drawing on his diverse background, he began a consulting practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.; safety and health regulatory compliance (OSHA); facilities management; and, warehousing/ inventory control.
- He authored several books like "The Manager's Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition" HarperCollins Leadership, a division of HarperCollins Focus, (formerly AMACOM Books) and SHRM, New York City, August 2013.
- He has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars and pod-casts all over the world attended or listened to by more than 100,000 people; as well as serving as the principal investigator on many private and public sector internal investigations.
Your state’s commission on human rights may reserve the right to penalize employers who fail to meet sexual harassment training requirements.
Therefore, your employees are invited to join us, for this 90-minute webinar. As a result, your organization will reduce liability, remain compliant with state and federal laws, improve morale, plus maximize its bottom line.
In the era of #METOO & #TIMESUP, we all have a responsibility to ensure that every employee feel safe, protected as well as supported in the workplace!
For an enterprise package that covers the requirements for multiple employees (or an entire organization) and includes certificates of participation, please call us, or request a quote via live chat to receive a special group rate! Pricing is based on the number of employees you request to be trained.