The Admin's Guide to Minute Taking: Impress Your Boss
You are responsible for taking minutes from the meetings that happen every day - whether in person, conference call or online. This crucial task serves as the official documentation of meetings and is necessary to keep everyone on the same page. With so much importance, taking minutes can be stressful. With the right tools, though, you can take stellar notes that demonstrate your value. Join us for this 60-minute webinar to discover:
- Tips to prepare before & after the meeting for high-quality minutes
- Guidelines for what needs to be recorded and what you can ignore
- Practices that ensure consistency and accuracy in your notes
- Keys to drafting the final minutes for the official record
Pre-Meeting Prep: Ease the Stress with Essential Planning Tips
- Creating templates to save time and ensure consistency
- Tips for using the agenda to determine what should be included
- Note-taking techniques that let you focus on the meeting, not your notes
Getting it All Down: Vital Note-Taking Practices for Professional Minutes
- Guidelines on noting motions and votes throughout the meeting
- How to recap the decision making process and what was agreed to
- What you should be recording - and what you need to leave out
Post-Meeting: Writing and Proofing for Stand-Out Meeting Minutes
- How to make quick work of correcting and formatting your notes
- Tips for cleaning up and drafting the final minutes for official records
- Keys to highlighting important items & deadlines in the final minutes
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Patricia Robb has been in the administrative field for over 30 years and is currently the assistant to the Chief of Staff at a hospital. Previously she was a Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary to the Board of Directors for a not-for-profit organization.
- She regularly takes minutes. Currently she takes minutes for an informal Clinical Directors' meeting and for a more formal Committee which reports to the Board of Trustees.
- She is a past member of the Ottawa Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP).
- With the skills she possesses, Patricia has presented actionable strategies to many audiences of administrative professionals. Also, as an expert on the subject of minute-taking, Patricia often provides tips on her blog for improving her fellow admins' skills, helping her colleagues to be the best they can be.
This essential webinar provides training for the vital task of taking minutes during a meeting. Administrative Professionals are expected to know, but rarely taught - minute taking. Learn what you need to know to ensure accurate and efficient minute taking.