W-2 and IRS Updates for 2020: Ensure Accurate Filing
Year-end in 2020 will be even more challenging than usual. On top of COVID-19 related policies, the IRS continues to make updates to Form W-2 procedures.
Non-compliance with these changes can lead to costly fines and audits, so it’s crucial for Finance and Payroll to stay on top of new IRS policies.
This workshop will ensure that your organization stays compliant with IRS updates for 2020.
We’ll help even the most seasoned payroll professionals navigate complicated updates, understand changes for 2020, and provide an overview of year-end best practices.
You’ll walk away confident and ready for year-end. This in-depth training will equip you to:
- Complete Box 4 in light of the employee Social Security tax deferral
- Validate that all totals match between the 941 and the W-3/W-2
- Report FFCRA Qualified Leave on Form W-2
- Understand new SSN truncation rules from the IRS on Form W-2
- And more!
Boost your confidence in navigating updated tax rules
- Learn about W-2 filing requirements with the SSA
- Understand latest codes added for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Discover updated state requirements for Form W-2
- Understand changes to Social Security taxation
- Comply with laws about providing Form W-2 to employees
Detailed instruction about how to properly fill out and file Form W-2
- Which updated legislation has an impact on the 2020 Form W-2
- How to report FFCRA leave on the W-2
- Box-by-box review of Form W-2
- Year-end and W-2 best practices to ensure compliance
Answers to your most pressing questions regarding W-2 and taxation updates for 2020
- How do I make sure I have zero (or very few) Forms W-2C?
- When are codes required in Box 12?
- How do we handle the new SSN truncation for 2020 on the W-2?
- When is it appropriate to use code P in Box 12 of the Form W-2?
About the Speaker
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.
During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll.
Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA.
Besides her payroll accomplishments, Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This workshop will equip you with everything you need to accurately file Form W-2 for 2020. We’ll review pertinent IRS updates, including updates to Form W-2, and answer your most pressing questions about year-end filing.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!