Preventing and Handling Workplace Aggression, Bullying, Harassment, and Violence
Learn the tools necessary to formulate, develop, and implement a program to prevent and handle aggressive behavior and workplace violence.
This guidance rich webinar provides valuable techniques, procedures, and policies you can implement immediately. Join us to find out how to:
- Recognize inappropriate and persistent aggressive behavior at all intensities
- Create a prevention plan to avoid future problematic behavior
- Respond to internal and external threats and aggression
Identify hostile workplace behavior
- Differentiate between four types of workplace violence
- Distinguish between four types of bullying
- Evaluate your environment through hazard assessment
Draft a comprehensive prevention strategy
- Ways to take preemptive action
- Devise staff training that deters problematic behavior from occurring
- Pre-screen job applicants without violating civil rights
- Structure a flexible, progressive disciplinary process
- Appropriate words to use and to avoid when handling aggressive, threatening, and violent behaviors
- Bringing EEO and anti-harassment violence policies into play
Recognize and react to the warning signs of violence
- Employee Assistance Programs' Role
- React when domestic violence spills over into the workplace
- Employ the run-hide-fight approach to external threats
About the Speaker
Max Muller has 40 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman, and professional trainer. His background as an attorney, OSHA Authorized General Industry Outreach Trainer, and more than 30 years involvement in martial arts, plus serving as the coach and captain of a military competition Karate team in Europe, make him eminently qualified to provide you with meaningful, real world guidance in the prevention and mitigation of workplace aggression from threats and verbal abuse to physical assaults and homicide.
- Max is the bestselling author of "The Manager's Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition", SHRM and HarperCollins, August 2013.
- In 1990, drawing on his diverse background, he began a consulting practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.; safety and health regulatory compliance (OSHA); and, warehousing/ inventory control.
- He has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars and pod-casts all over the world attended or listened to by more than 100,000 people.
In this 75-minute program, you will discover how to handle aggressive, threatening, and violent behavior in the workplace. You will be ready to create a prevention plan that works best for your organization.