2019 ICD-10-CM Coding Changes and Updates
Summary2019 brought about BIG changes for the ICD-10 clinical modification (CM) codes. You need to be compliant- or denials and trouble will be abundant. Prepare your organization for the 279 ICD-10-CM code additions, 143 revisions and 51 deletions with this training.
Join coding expert, Kim Huey, for this in-depth online training to learn about what changed for 2019 - and which of these changes most affect your organization. You'll gain insight and information into why new codes were created or revised and how to properly apply these new coding additions.
Learn how to best adjust your coding & billing practices for 2019 to prepare for quick-settling claims and reimbursement efforts. This 90-minute webinar features:
- Review of the ICD-10-CM code changes for 2019
- The changes in the coding guidelines that affect your practice
- Optimized coding protocols to ensure the best reimbursement
ICD-10 Code Set Changes: What's New, Revised & Deleted
- Appendicitis code updates and revisions
- New distinction in coding for postpartum depression vs puerperal psychosis
- Use the newly budding cannabis codes F12.23 and F12.93
- Understand the new coding series T74.5 and T74.6 for human trafficking
Greater Specificity Required: Key Guidance for You
- Code changes that have impacts on individual practices'
- Increased specificity for postoperative infections
- Laterality and specificity for eyelid cancers
- More specific codes required for neonatal metabolic disorders
Other Areas Impacted by the Massive ICD-10 Changes
- Use of new codes for Zika, Merkel Cell, and more specifications on muscular dystrophy
- Identify drugs added to Table of Drugs and Chemicals
- Changes in your previous coding areas that will require more detailed documentation
- Adaptations to your ICD-10 ways will maximize CDI efforts and satisfy MIPS
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Kim Huey is an independent coding and reimbursement consultant, providing audits, training, and oversight. She completed three years of pre-medical education at the University of Alabama before she decided that she preferred the business side of medicine. She completed a Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management from the University of Alabama and a Master of Jurisprudence in Health Law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Ms. Huey has multiple certifications in coding and compliance through the American Academy of Professional Coders, AHIMA, and the Health Care Compliance Association. For over thirty years, she has worked with providers in virtually all specialties, including general surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, oncology, podiatry, chiropractic, internal medicine, etc. She has spoken at the AHIMA Convention, the American Academy of Professional Coders, and the Health Care Compliance Association Compliance Institute as well as several other healthcare organizations. For five years, she was an approved instructor for the American Academy of Professional Coders and taught their Professional Medical Coding Curriculum in Birmingham and Montgomery.
- Kim is an AHIMA-a approved ICD-10-CM Instructor and Ambassador. She has served as the president of Magic City Professional Coders and was a founding member of Capital City Coders.
- Kim's passion is helping physician practices successfully navigate the complex regulations and reimbursement environment.
- She is known as Kim the Coder, and she and her husband, Don the Cruiser sponsor an annual coding cruise where she teaches continuing education in a fun, relaxed environment.
This 90-minute information-packed webinar will improve your understanding of ICD-10-CM updates for optimal coding and the best reimbursement possible. Avoid using nonspecific diagnosis codes and learn the latest CDI/MIPS reimbursement strategies. Join us for 90 minutes that will help you get prepared and paid for all of 2019.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
Purchase this On-Demand Workshop
2019 ICD-10-CM Coding Changes and Updates
$199 + applicable taxes
You will receive access to the live event(s) which includes a copy of the speaker's presentation, real-time training with our expert instructor, and an interactive question & answer period. Two to three business days after each live training concludes, an email is sent to registrants which contains a link for unlimited access to the on-demand recording you can revisit & review.
You'll receive a link to access the recording(s) in your order confirmation email. On-demand recordings also include a copy of the speaker's presentation and the ability to submit your questions to the expert, for up to 7 days after viewing.
Guaranteed to be Good
All training experiences include a 7-day 100% money-back guarantee.
Simply share the invite link with your team so you can learn and grow together!
The event recording and materials are yours to rewatch and share as you choose.