2021 HazCom Standard Update: Labeling, SDS & Training Requirements
Its finally here! OSHA has published the long-awaited proposed rule that aligns the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) with the latest revisions of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
This latest update is expected to increase worker protections and reduce injuries with improvements to labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS). How can you ensure that your practices meet the latest requirements? Join us for this informative 60-minute presentation, and we will provide the latest information you will need to stay compliant with the Hazard Communication Standard, plus protect your workforce.
We’ll cover the following:
- Key compliance updates to the Hazard Communication Standard
- Changes to definitions and hazardous classifications, plus new classifications
- What the GHS is - and how it has changed the old HazCom Standard
- SDS format changes and training requirements you need to meet now
- Must-have components for your Hazard Communication Program
Keys to Meeting the Latest Hazard Communication Standard
- Guiding principles of the Harmonization Process
- Old v. New Standard: Key differences employers need to know
- Understanding changes to definitions and hazard classifications
- Considerations for updating your chemical inventory list
Labeling and Safety Data Sheet Requirements for Your Facility
- Must-know updated labeling requirements
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) format changes
- Ensuring employees understand the changes
Keeping Your HazCom Standard Program Up-to-Date and Compliant
- What you need to do and when you need to do it
- Practice for better and more meaningful employee training
- The 5 HCS items you must make available to OSHA Inspectors
About the Speaker
Jack Fearing, CPEA, is the Managing Partner for Fearing International Group LLC and has more than 35 years of experience in occupational safety & health management, program auditing & consulting.
He is a certified Health & Safety auditor, an OSHA-authorized 10/30 hour instructor, and a professional member of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). He was the NJASSP Safety Professional of the Year in 2019.
His experience includes EHS Director for a global defense contractor, an audit program director for multi-national manufacturing company and audit team leader for a leading global pharmaceutical company.
He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts (BS) and Boston University (M.Ed). He is retired US Army LTC, Senior Army Aviator and Aviation Safety Officer.
Jack is an accomplished speaker and author and has been published in "CoatingsPro", "Today's Facility Manager", "Facility Safety Management," and various American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) professional journals on numerous safety topics. He is a frequent speaker and trainer for local, regional and international venues.
This 60-minute program will give safety managers a clear understanding of the rule changes for the Hazard Communication Standard, compliance requirements, and guidelines for effective employee training.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!