AI in Hiring: Navigating Risks & Complying with EEOC
With the majority of employers now utilizing AI and automated tools in at least some parts of their hiring processes, the EEOC has established a guidance tool to help employers better manage AI without violating discrimination protections.
In this 90-minute, compliance-based event you will learn the latest risks associated with using AI in hiring, best practices for avoiding violations, and the impact recent court cases will have on employers.
Join us to discover:
- The impact and risks of AI in the workplace and in hiring processes
- Top AI and automated tools that are coming under fire
- EEOC's latest guidelines for employers to mitigate risks with AI hiring tools
- Legal cases that are shaping the future of AI in employment
How to Safeguard Your Hiring Practices
- Understand AI's Role and Risks: Legal implications of AI in hiring, from resume scanners to chatbots, and their potential for discrimination.
- Ways to Comply with EEOC Guidelines: Methods to align your AI tool usage with EEOC’s regulations to avoid legal complications.
- Latest Legal Developments: Pending court cases and rulings that may affect the use of AI in hiring.
Solutions for AI Compliance & Risk Management
- Key AI Definitions and Policies: Overview of AI technologies and how to implement them without breaching regulations.
- Methods to Mitigate AI-Related Issues: Strategies to address common AI concerns in the workplace, ensuring compliance and ethical use.
- Techniques for Implementing Safe AI Practices: Practices that align with state regulations and reduce the risk of non-compliance penalties.
Enhancing AI Knowledge & Preparedness
- Training for Managers and HR Professionals: Develop mandated training to prevent inadvertent violations when using AI tools.
- Safeguards Against Compliance Risks: Effective safeguards that minimize compliance risks associated with AI in hiring.
- Impact of AI on Background Checks: Ways AI-driven criminal background checks can conflict with 'Ban the Box' regulations and how to navigate these challenges.
Question & Answer Session – have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Margie Faulk, HR Compliance Solutions, LLC
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties for violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Stay ahead in the dynamic landscape of AI in HR. This 90-minute event will equip you with the information and tools needed to use AI as part of your hiring process, both ethically and in compliance with the latest EEOC guidelines.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org