Hidden Payroll Errors that Trigger IRS Audits
When it comes to payroll tax audits, it’s usually a hidden error that auditors are trained to find that gives you away.
Get an inside look at these errors that even the most seasoned payroll professionals make and how to avoid falling prey to them in our upcoming workshop...
Join us for this two-day online training event where you’ll learn:
- The top 10 hidden payroll tax errors – and how to avoid making them
- The quickest, most-efficient way to do a payroll system internal audit
- How to best prepare yourself and your employees for a payroll tax audit
- Ways to minimize and avoid payroll tax penalties if you do get cited
Day 1: March 18th, 1:00 - 2:30 pm ET
- Conducting an internal audit: Evaluate your system for hidden errors (we’ll cover overtime, independent contractors, fringe benefits, expense reimbursements, executive compensation, minimum wage, multistate employment and more)
- Commonly-missed mistakes made in payroll management
- Quantify your audit exposure – how much is it going to cost you?
- What you can do to fix past payroll mistakes
- How to sustain a compliant process and system for the future
Day 2: March 19th, 1:00 - 2:30 pm ET
- If you DO get audited, here’s how to prepare:
- Negotiate both the time and expense involved in an audit
- What you should - and shouldn’t - say in audit interviews
- What records could lead to other audits if you’re not careful
- Dealing with assessments, penalties, and interest: when you should ask for a waiver and when it’s a lost cause
About the Speaker
Mark Schwartz has over 15 years of experience in state and federal payroll tax audits, collection, and payroll consulting.
As an auditor, Mark prided himself on his ability to educate his auditees on state and federal payroll tax requirements. Whatever issues he found in audits, he ensured the auditee knew how to comply in the future. He worked to minimize company disruptions in the audit process.
In addition to his real-life experiences, Mark has a Master's in Business Administration, and currently uses his entertaining and helpful personality to help organizations prepare for payroll tax audits – whether they’ve already got the notice or are still hoping they don’t.
To avoid making often-overlooked payroll errors that auditors are looking for, join us for this two-day online training. You’ll be able to protect yourself and your company by maintaining a strong audit-proofing process that’s also flexible enough to adjust to future regulations.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org