Best Practices for Chronic Care Management Coding
SummaryWith half of all adults suffering from one or more chronic health conditions, chronic care management has become critical to monitoring and controlling disparate patient treatments. As a result, a growing number of medical professionals are offering Chronic Care Management (CCM) services to their patients. Not only does this make a significant impact on patient care and safety, CCM has also become a new revenue stream for your practice.
Because of this, the AMA has introduced, and CMS has provided reimbursement for, several new codes intended to reimburse primary care physicians for managing patients with chronic illness, including transitions in care from inpatient to community-based settings. CCM is designed to provide better care as well as lowering costs by reducing hospital readmission rates and emergency room visits.
This 90-minute online training will teach you the ins and outs of CCM coding and billing. Our speaker, Kim Huey, will review the multiple requirements of each code, as well as documentation issues that could be keeping your practice from benefiting financially from providing these services if coding is not done correctly.
CCM Coding & Reporting Essentials
- CMS changes to CCM reporting: Why it's not as stringent as before
- What EHR requirements are needed to meet CCM guidelines
- Creating plans of care for CCM patients: What must be included
Update on Chronic Care Management: What's Changed
- Keys to getting paid for Advanced Care Planning: Key strategies to know
- How to bill for face-to-face during the 30-day period
- Which diagnosis codes should be used when billing CCM?
How CPT Codes Work with CMS Coding Guidelines
- Strategies for appropriate documentation
- Generating a revenue source for your practice
- Tracking services for billing
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Kim Huey, MJ, CHC, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, CPCO is an AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer and President of KGG Coding and Reimbursement Consulting.
- For the last thirty years, Kim has worked with providers in virtually all specialties. She has been privileged to be a presenter for the AAPC, AHIMA, Ingenix, Part B News and Decision Health, and the Coding Institute.
- She served as President of Magic City Professional Coders and was a founding member of Capital City Coders.
- Kim works with clients to improve coding and documentation of services, and to ensure compliance with Medicare and insurance company regulations.
- She is a member of AHIMA Coding Community Council.
- Kim is also available for on-site visits for auditing and education as well as on-the-record audits and general coding and reimbursement questions.
Join us for this 90-minute webinar to receive an understanding of the important role CCM coding plays in patient outcomes and your practice's success. Discover critical updates to Chronic Care Management coding to ensure the maximum reimbursement.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org