Best Practices for Managing Remote Employees
Offering a telecommuting option for employees can serve as a strong retention and recruiting tool, allowing you to strengthen your talent base.
Although there are advantages that remote employees may experience, there is also an additional level of complexity for both leaders and team members.
Determining the best methods for communicating to ensure high levels of productivity is a challenge.
So, how can you gain the benefits of a wider talent pool without sacrificing company culture and all face-to-face communication?
With the right practices and communication tools, you will be able to engage and ensure your employees are effective and productive while working remotely. Join us for a 60-minute, information-packed workshop to discover:
- The kinds of employees that make good remote employees (can vary for every company)
- Why not every employee can be effective when working outside the office
- How to create a productive environment for your remote employees & what to do when they aren’t productive
- How to manage and measure performance of remote employees (ensure they’re performing to the best of their abilities!)
- Future state: How to lead effectively when a growing percent of your employees telecommute
Managing Telecommuting Workers & Virtual Work Agreements
- Essential tips to identify great remote candidates
- The do’s and don’ts of motivating your employees from a distance
- Do my remote employees feel like part of the team? If not, how can I ensure they do?
- Crucial expectations to set so your team knows their role & are on the same page
- How to help in-office employees work effectively with out-of-office employees
Overcoming the Challenges of Leading & Motivating Remote Employees
- Best practices for successful workforce management in & out of the office
- Strategic team building to develop uniquely diverse and creative collaboration
- How to retain key talent while communicating outside the office
- Develop a long-distance communication network to ensure vital information doesn’t slip through the cracks
- How to find & eliminate barriers for your remote staff
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore, a professional speaker and coach, helps business owners, executives, and leaders align their teams to create “wow” customer experiences. He is the president of Casemore and Company where he works with leaders who want to increase their influence in the workplace.
- Shawn lives near Toronto, ON Canada with his wife and two boys.
- Some of his delighted clients include Magna International, Arvin Meritor, Bellwyck Packaging Solutions, and Bruce Power
In this 60-minute program we’ll show you how to effectively create a productive environment for your remote employees, plus how to become a master at coaching and dealing with your off-site employees.