Budgeting Strategies for Managers: Keys to Financial Success
Being a successful manager or supervisor isn't just about effectively managing people, it's also about managing your budget. Understanding how to create a budget, then over-seeing it year-round can be daunting, but is imperative to the success of your department and the bottom-line.
You may be familiar with budgeting, but how well do you understand what drives the numbers, how to spot trends and identify problems? Managing a budget is a primary role of managers. Our dynamic, comprehensive program will give you core principles and techniques to formulate, develop and implement a realistic budget that meets your department goals. Join us to discover:
- Clear guidelines for planning your budget
- How to prepare accurate budgets and forecasts
- Keys to keeping your budget on track
- What the numbers are telling you - spots trends and problems
- How to present ideas in financial terms for greater impact
Developing Your Budget: Guidelines for Managers & Supervisors
- Understanding capital, financial, and operational budgets
- Determine what data is needed for each type of budget
- Strategies for planning your budget and setting goals
- What a well-planned budget means for the bottom-line
The Magic of Numbers: Putting Your Financial Data to Work
- Analyzing financial data for performance and decision making
- Creating forecasts to predict future trends
- Improve expense tracking and forecasting for better accuracy
- Using your budget as a planning to improve performance
Maintaining Your Budget & Presenting the Results
- Checklists to keep you organized and on target
- Effective tools for sharing & communicating budget data
- Undertaking regular financial review to monitor your budget
- Keys to recognizing and managing financial risk
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
David Sanders has over 36 years in the accounting & finance field having served as an accountant, corporate controller, and CFO.
- He has authored 4 books, 6 audio tapes, and has done countless seminars relating to business, accounting, finance, business operation and efficiencies.
- David is considered a world leading consultant on finance, business operations, turn-arounds, and government fund accounting having traveled the world serving companies large and small.
- He also consults on contract fraud, internal controls, and accounting & finance for non-financial Managers. David has degrees in finance, taxation, and accounting.
In this information-packed program, managers and supervisors will learn how to develop, implement and maintain an effective budget. Also learn how to spot trends, manage expenses, and analyze results for decision-making.