Better Budgeting: Essential Planning & Forecasting Skills for Managers
To be effective, managers need a strong understanding of planning, budgeting, and finance.
While these tasks may seem daunting for non-finance professionals, they’re necessary for the success and profitability of your team and organization.
This workshop will provide you with the tools, techniques, and models you need to successfully plan, execute, and maintain your forecasting and budgeting.
Join us for the best strategies for effective budgeting and forecasting, plus:
- How to analyze revenues and expenses to keep your team agile
- Best practices for using key business drivers for your planning and budgeting
- Understanding cash flow and operating vs capital budgets
- How COVID-19 impacts your budgets and planning
This program will include:
An overview of the planning & budgeting cycle
- Planning and forecasting
- Transforming plans to operating budgets
- Comparison of budgets to actual expenditures
- Analysis and reporting of revenues and expenditures
A summary of revenue, expenses, and profits – and how they’re interrelated
- Essential elements of planning & forecasting using key business drivers
- Establishing planning/forecasting scenarios based on uncertainty of COVID-19
- Analyzing plans and budgets against actual expenditures
- Reporting and analyzing of financial information
- Using current plans and budgets to project the future
How to use plans, budgets, and financial information to make business decisions
- Tools and techniques to clearly create and present your budget
- Cash budgets, analysis of cash flow, and operational costs
- Fueling decisions with comprehensive metrics
About the Speaker
Carl Young is an author, speaker, trainer, consultant, and coach. He holds an MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a $275M, high growth technology-based company and has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management.
- Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
- Carl is an engaging and entertaining speaker who draws from his experience to make relevant teaching points. His sessions are rich in content and full of energy. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity, with the goal of making finance and accounting relevant to non-finance professionals.
Your ability to handle the numbers is one of the most important business skills you can possess. Crunching numbers and coming up with a budget can challenging, but with this workshop, we’ll help you understand how to prepare and, more importantly, manage an organized, realistic budget more effectively.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org