Business Etiquette Today: Redefining Expectations for Employees
Business etiquette is a rich term that defines how we conduct ourselves in the workplace, and draws the line of what is acceptable, and what crosses that line.
Over the last year as the workplace morphed from on-site office to the living room, how we conduct ourselves while doing business has changed. The remote environment may have relaxed what was acceptable for a time, but barking dogs in the background and sweatpants may no longer cut it.
As businesses re-open and experience a blend of both on-site and remote employees, employers need to redefine the look of business etiquette and set clear expectations. But where do you start?
In this innovative and engaging 60-minute program, we will cover:
- The key impacts moving to a remote setting had on business etiquette
- How to identify where you can relax old rules and still maintain professionalism
- Setting clear guidelines and boundaries for both on-site and remote employees
- Implementing your new expectations and getting your workforce onboard
Redefining Business Etiquette for the New Workplace
- Defining business etiquette and its impact on your organization’s success
- How business etiquette changed under COVID: the good and the bad
- Re-evaluating and establishing your organization’s policies on conduct
- Communicating what is acceptable now and what is not to employees
Putting Your (Organization’s) Best Foot Forward: Stepping Up Professionalism
- The qualities of a good impression and how to make it
- Using business etiquette to build relationships and stronger teams
- Navigating common workplace faux pas
- Taking accountability for mistakes that could impact future relations
- Seamlessly blending your remote and on-site team members
Business Etiquette in a Remote World
- Mastering the business etiquette of video conferencing and meetings
- Checklist of do’s and don’ts for your remote workforce
- Technology etiquette to maintain your high-level of professionalism
About the Speaker
Cheryl Grazier is the Principal of Cheryl Grazier Consulting LLC and has over 20 years of business experience in both the public and private sector as a trusted advisor in the areas of culture change, strategy implementation, program management, team and leadership development. Cheryl has worked in a variety of industries, including communications, government agencies, governmental contracting, and real estate.
She is particularly passionate about developing people skills and leadership capabilities for individuals. She specializes in exposing people's hidden aptitudes and talents, which enables those individuals to develop their known and recently found strengths and abilities. Her most obvious qualities are her energy, compassion, inspiration, creativity, resourcefulness, enthusiasm and passion about everything she does. By inspiring individuals and teams to be more than they think they can be, she launches individual and group productivity and morale to new levels.
In this 60-minute program you will learn how you can adapt your employees’ business etiquette practices and behaviors to better suit today’s blended work environment.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org