Business Writing for HR Professionals
Whether you are creating job postings, job descriptions, HR manuals, employment documents, or simply sharing important information with employees - your writing needs to be clear, concise, and appropriate.
In this informative, 60-minute program, HR expert Michelle Coussens will show you effective writing techniques and emerging trends in HR communication. Join us to learn:
- Ways to get your message across clearly and as intended
- Key words/phrases and points to include when creating HR documents
- Compliance considerations to incorporate into your written communication
- Tools to assist you in writing and editing that will save you time
- Helpful resources plus a Business Writing Checklist!
Best Practices for Effective Written HR Communications
- Determining when and which HR communications should be in writing
- Recognize the appropriate rules and writing styles for specific HR situations
- Write clear, well-structured communications of various HR document types and formats
- Advise and assist managers in their employee-directed writing (without overstepping)
- Incorporating legal words and phrases without overcomplicating the message
Honing Your Business Writing Skills
- Identify your audience and the best channel to reach them
- Demonstrating an ethical sensitivity to language choices
- Assess your writing for clarity, completeness, and readability
- Apply effective editing and proofreading techniques
- Modifying traditional writing practices for electronic communications
- Continue to evolve your writing based on emerging communication channels
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this engaging, 60-minute event you will learn easy-to-implement writing tips and tools that will help you meet your HR functional and organizational needs - while also bolstering your professional image.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org