CMS Infection Control and Proposed Changes for 2019
- Need to know infection control standards to ensure CMS compliance
- Critical policies & processes you must implement today
- Infection control worksheet - ensure your facility is up-to-date
- Stay survey ready - latest infection control prevention tools</li
CMS Infection Control CoPs: What Your Policies and Procedures MUST Include
- CMS Infection Control standards on the proposed changes
- Antibiotic stewardship program requirements you need to know
- QAPI requirements in infection control - critical guidance for hospitals
- Documentation you must have - policies, and infection control plans
Prevent Infections at Your Hospital: Keys to Ensure Patient Safety
- How to identify & address infection control hot spots
- Latest CMS memos for infection control breaches, insulin pens & more
- Guidelines to reduce infections - CDC's safe injection practices
- CDC guidelines and checklist - minimum expectations of safe care on outpatients
Prepare for Your Next Survey: Familiarity with the Infection Control Worksheet
- Hot issues being covered during the survey process
- Critical staff training required to avoid infection control breaches
- Keys to develop a system to identify, report, investigate and control infections
- Real examples of infection control deficiencies cited by surveyors on the worksheet
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Sue Dill Calloway, RN, MSN, JD CPHRM, CCMSCP, has been a nurse attorney and medical-legal consultant for more than 30 years. She has presented numerous educational programs for nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals on topics such as patient safety, Joint Commission, CMS, and HIPAA issues.
- Sue is the past Director of Hospital Patient Safety with The Doctors Company and OHIC Insurance Company. She is on the board for the Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation and previously was their chief learning officer.
- She has past experience as a nursing professor, medical malpractice defense attorney, and director of health policy and risk management for eight years for the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Sue is also past VP of legal services, compliance officer and privacy officer for a community hospital. Sue was part of the patient safety committee and involved in risk management activities.
- She has written 102 books and thousands of articles.
This webinar will discuss important memos on infection control issues from CMS. It will discuss the ISMP IV guidelines and safe injection practices issues. It will cover the CDC vaccine storage and handling toolkit and the CDC procedures for cleaning and disinfecting reusable medical devices. This program will also cover, in detail, the CMS infection control worksheet used to assess compliance with the infection control hospital CoPs. Infection control is hit hard during the survey and every hospital should have a working familiarity with this important document.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org