CMS QAPI Standards & Worksheet: Ensure Compliance at Your Facility or CAH
The QAPI (Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement) worksheet is designed to help surveyors assess compliance with the hospital CoPs for QAPI. The worksheet is used by State and Federal surveyors on all survey activity in hospitals when assessing compliance with the QAPI standards, including validation and certification surveys. CMS may also just show up at your door to assess the three worksheets.
Every hospital that accepts Medicare and Medicaid must be in compliance. The CMS QAPI worksheet is an excellent tool so the hospital will know what the expectations are from CMS. QAPI is an important issue to CMS and an increased area of focus.
- Current CMS QAPI standards: How to ensure compliance
- How to use the QAPI worksheet as a communication tool
- Proposed changes to the QAPI standards for hospitals
- CAH proposed QAPI CoPs under the Hospital Improvement Act
- Policies & procedures required to ensure QAPI compliance
CMS QAPI Compliance: Keys to Meeting the Latest Standards
- Data collection scope & methodology - what you need to know
- What must be included in your hospital-wide QAPI program
- Critical policies & procedures that you must have to comply with CoPs
- Ways evidence quality indicators are related to outcomes
Using the CMS QAPI Worksheet: How to Avoid Common Deficiencies
- How to use QAPI worksheets to improve care & be survey-ready
- How surveyors use the worksheets to assess compliance with standards
- Latest QAPI CoPs - what is required to ensure compliance
- Keys for CMS QAPI compliance - learn from other hospitals' deficiencies
Quality Improvements & Proposed Changes under the Hospital Improvement Act
- Important reporting requirements you must follow for adverse events
- Tactics to improve patient safety, reduce medical errors & ADEs
- Root cause analysis requirements: What you need to know
- CAHs - proposed QAPI requirements under the Improvement Act
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Sue Dill Calloway, RN, MSN, JD CPHRM, CCMSCP, has been a nurse attorney and medical-legal consultant for more than 30 years. She has presented numerous educational programs for nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals on topics such as patient safety, Joint Commission, CMS, and HIPAA issues. She is the current president of Patient Safety and Healthcare Consulting and Education.
- Sue is the past Director of Hospital Patient Safety with The Doctors Company and OHIC Insurance Company. She is on the board for the Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation and previously was their chief learning officer.
- She has past experience as a nursing professor, medical malpractice defense attorney, and director of health policy and risk management for eight years for the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Sue is also past VP of legal services, compliance officer and privacy officer for a community hospital. Sue was part of the patient safety committee and involved in risk management activities.
- She has written 102 books and thousands of articles.
During this necessary and informative webinar, hospitals and critical access hospitals will receive expert guidance on ensuring QAPI compliance. Don't fall short on this important CMS issue - register and rest easy knowing you will have what you need to comply.