Collaborative Performance Reviews: Making Remote Reviews Work
Too many supervisors conduct perfunctory or sugarcoated performance reviews due to inexperience or conflict aversion.
Too many employees view the typical annual review to be a pro forma exercise of little value.
COVID-19 and the rise of remote work have made performance reviews even more problematic.
What’s frustrating is that - when done right - these are the most significant drivers of employee and organizational improvement.
So how can you get the most out of performance reviews and drive improvement - even in this challenging time?
You’re invited to an online workshop to learn how the collaborative performance review model can turbocharge the effectiveness of your performance reviews - making them meaningful, consequential drivers of improvement. You’ll also learn the ins and outs of conducting performance reviews remotely. After this workshop:
- You’ll understand what a collaborative performance review is, how it differs from the “garden variety” performance-evaluation program and why it’s better
- You’ll have mastered the collaborative performance review process
- You’ll be ready to change how your organization conducts performance reviews in a way that benefits employees, managers and the entire organization
- You’ll be able to implement current best practices for remote performance reviews
What Collaborative Performance Reviews Can Do
- How to change workforce perception that evaluations are of little to no value
- How to get supervisors to tell it straight - no excuses!
- How to get the behavior you want - and end the behavior you don’t
- How to make performance reviews a growth experience that benefits both employee and organization
- How to use reviews to boost employee engagement, satisfaction and retention
Learn the Collaborative Performance Review Process
- What a collaborative performance review is - and how it differs from the standard evaluation
- Key performance indicators: transparency, collaboration and refinement
- Maximizing employee participation and buy in
- Communicating expectations to employees at all levels of the organization
- Review a model for a transparent, collaborative performance review
Conducting Performance Reviews Remotely
- Identifying - and adapting to - the unique needs of remote employees
- How to shift goals and objectives - without lowering performance expectations
- Do’s and dont’s for conducting virtual performance reviews
About the Speaker
James Ottavio Castagnera, J.D., Ph.D. has over 36 years of experience as an employment law attorney, teacher and a trainer. He spent 10 years as a labor, employment and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, 3 years as general counsel for Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates, and 23 years as the associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University. His academic career also includes stints as a faculty member at UT-Austin and Widener Law School, and communication director at Case Western Reserve. Currently, he devotes his full-time to writing, teaching and training. He is the chief consultant for Holland Media Services, LLC, a training and communications company with offices in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.
After attending this workshop you’ll have mastered the collaborative performance review process and understand why it’s superior to the “garden variety” performance evaluation. You’ll be able to change how your organization conducts performance reviews in a way that benefits employees, managers and the entire organization and know how to implement current best practices for remote performance reviews.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!