Communicating Financial Information to Drive Greater Results
Some of the reports and information that you know are important to the success of your company can get lost in the numbers and financial terminology – and key stakeholders deem what you’re presenting irrelevant to them.
In this 60-minute workshop, we’ll provide guidance for effectively communicating essential financial information stakeholders require. Our expert will work with you to deliver your insights in an impactful way that grabs your audience’s attention and clearly displays what the information means for them, resulting in increased profitability.
- Ways to meet your stakeholders’ needs for financial information to support strategic decision-making
- Methods to effectively communicate financial information to key stakeholders
- Financial knowledge vs financial information: Know the difference and how to leverage each to make clearer, more impactful points
What your stakeholders want to see:
- Reports and presentation tools & techniques that clearly display your message
- Productive ways to work with stakeholders on customized information
- Dashboards and other visuals that clearly display trends and that anyone can read and understand
Presenting information in a way your stakeholders will understand and care about:
- How to tell a story with financial information
- Determine and focus on what is relevant to your stakeholders
- How to make the numbers clear to people who might not be “good with numbers”
Closing the financial knowledge gap: How to scale financial understanding across your organization
- Create a company-wide common frame of reference to relate financial information
- Summaries, trends, relevant ratios, and financial highlights that your company needs to know
- Effective ways to discuss financial information with non-financial stakeholders
About the Speaker
Carl Young is an author, speaker, trainer and consultant. He holds an MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation and was formerly the CFO of a $275M, high-growth, technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience and training experience in finance, accounting and business management.
Carl is a member of the American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors) and the National Association of Accountants.
Financial information is a powerful tool to move your organization forward and keep a competitive edge. But many non-financial stakeholders lack the financial knowledge necessary to use the information you share with them.
Walk away from this interactive workshop with a toolkit to deliver data and insights that provoke your audience to act. Your toolkit will include:
- The best forms of financial information to present to stakeholders
- Effective presentation skills to efficiently communicate financial information
- A common frame or financial reference that will help close the financial knowledge gap between financial and non-financial managers
- Numbers to drive strategic company initiatives
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org