The Controller’s New Role: Keeping Up with the Changes
The turbulent ever-changing and technology driven world of business requires changing and evolving roles for Controllers. The focus is currently more on the soft side of business, rather than just accounting and reporting. It's more about people pleasing, than pencil pushing. Controllers who want to rise in the ranks to CFO are learning to put down their pencils and master the soft skills as well in order to succeed.
Today's Controllers must become Strategic Partners, Value Adding Decision Makers, Providers of Solutions and Managers of Change. It's more a matter of running the company with the numbers, rather than by the numbers. Join our 75-minute program where you'll discover:
- The Controllers expanded role in these turbulent times
- Communication strategies of today's most effective leaders
- Company & industry knowledge no Controller can be without
- Leadership skills to manage, motivate and gain support
The Controller as a Leader: Essential Skills for Advancement
- Understanding the Controller's expanded role in turbulent times
- Effective leadership tools & techniques
- How to become a trusted partner and an un-trusting official at the same time
- Why the people-side of business is crucial to your growth
- How to run the company with, and not by, the numbers
Becoming a Business Driver: Taking Your Company to the Next Level
- How to obsessively focus on customers, cost & cash as key success factors
- Keys to managing and controlling the cash to cash cycle
- How to provide preferred financial information
- Key ratios and trends
- Use of rolling forecasts vs. traditional budgeting
- Essential elements of internal controls
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation.
- He is a former CFO of a $275M, high growth technology-based company.
- He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience, as well as 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management.
- Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm
- Carl is a member of: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
- An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points.
This webinar looks at the changing role of controllers in the current turbulent business world. It bends the arch away from the recording and reporting of the past and looks to the future and the creating of relationships and effective leadership.