COVID-19 Legislation Impacting Payroll: What’s Required Now
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely disrupted businesses, and with the US government working quickly to pass several levels of legislation that impact employers, it’s almost impossible for payroll professionals to keep up with the changes!
We’re here to help. We’ll give you a clear understanding of the latest legislative actions that impact employers and payroll departments, as well as what it takes to remain compliant. In this 60-minute program you’ll discover:
- An overview of The Families First Coronavirus Response Act and its impact on payroll
- Who qualifies under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- How payroll departments should address new requirements
- Best practices to ensure your payroll remains compliant to avoid violations
What the Paid Sick & Family Leave Legislation Means for the Following:
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave
- Required Notice
- Tax Credits
- DOL releases temporary regulations and how it affects employers
Changes & Updates: Adapting Your Payroll Practices
- I-9 Flexibility & E-Verify modifications
- How eligible employers can use Form 7200 to request an advance payment
- Form 941 & how the Form 7200 interacts with it
- Unemployment changes you need to know
- Special Rule for using retirement funds
Department of Education & Student Loan Wage Garnishments
- How & when to legally stop garnishments
- When garnishments should resume
- Should employers give refunds?
- How to communicate to employees
About the Speaker
Dayna Reum has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years and is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago.
- Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures.
- Dayna is no stranger to teaching as she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference on topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll.
- Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
Join us for a clear understanding of new legislation passed in the wake of COVID-19, and what is now required from employers and payroll departments.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org