Crafting a Winning Rewards Program: Compliance Guidelines for Employers
Employers are becoming more creative when designing rewards programs to attract and retain valuable employees. However, employers must understand the potential tax implications of both cash and non-cash benefits when designing a compensation and benefits plan.
In our informative, 60-minute program you will discover ways to provide employees with a dynamic total compensation plan that avoids (or minimizes) taxation and wage reporting requirements, while still offering a competitive rewards package.
Join us to learn:
- Keys to designing and implementing an effective rewards program
- Common rewards programs businesses offer: the pros and cons
- Potential impact of rewards on taxation and overtime pay
- Various de minimis fringe benefits and their importance
- How to determine the value of non-cash fringe benefits
Creating an Effective Rewards Programs
- Overview of the most common rewards programs used today
- Learn ways to define and apply de minimis fringe benefits
- Techniques for assessing the value of non-cash fringe benefits.
Taxation and Legal Compliance Considerations
- Understanding the impact of non-cash fringe benefits on overtime pay
- How to manage the process of “grossing up” rewards to cover employee taxes
- Essentials of IRS Publication 15-B for compliance and best practices
Reward Program Design and Implementation Strategies
- Solutions for designing and implementing effective award programs
- Tailor auto fringe and mileage reimbursements to your business needs
- Creating impactful attendance bonuses and production awards
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP provides clients with direct payroll assistance, information, education, consultation, and even empathy, in her role as a Consultant.
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through PayrollOrg (formerly the American Payroll Association) a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for PayrollOrg and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
Join our compliance-based, 60-minute event to learn how to create a competitive rewards program to attract and retain top talent, while also minimizing (or avoiding!) tax and wage reporting.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org