Crafting & Incorporating AI Policies into Employee Handbooks
As organizations rapidly move to embrace the benefits and functionality of AI, HR professionals must move quickly to draft and establish clear employee handbook policies to ensure ethical and responsible AI practices.
In our 75-minute, instructor-led event you will discover best practices for crafting comprehensive policies that address privacy, bias mitigation, data protection, and employee rights. We’ll share valuable insights and practical strategies to navigate the evolving landscape of AI in the workplace.
Join us as we address:
- Legal risks and ethical considerations of using AI in the workplace
- Practical tips for effective handbook policy writing in the AI era
- Developing policies to address privacy and data protection
- Mitigating bias and ensuring fairness in AI algorithms
- Balancing employee rights with AI implementation
- EEOC's new guidance to test AI algorithms for discriminatory applicant selection decisions
Bonus: List of keywords & phrases to get what you need from AI requests
AI & Employee Handbook Policy Making for Your Organization
- EEOC’s Four-Fifths Rule to ensure AI algorithms are fair, unbiased, and free from discrimination
- Key legal and compliance concerns with the use of AI in the workplace
- Impact AI will have on the roles and responsibilities of HR professionals
- How HR can collaborate with AI systems and leverage their capabilities
- Addressing data protection regulations now and in the future
Creating Effective AI Use Policies & Practices for Employees
- Developing legally effective and future-proof employee handbook policies
- Ethical considerations for employee use of AI tools
- Articulating what you want the AI to produce
- Crafting policies that fit the needs of your organization
- Common types of data that are beneficial for training AI models
- The role of human review in AI-created data
Question & Answer Session – Get answers to your specific questions!
About the Speaker
Max Muller has been an expert in business law for over 49 years. In 1990 he began a consulting practice focusing on workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc., as well as safety and health regulatory compliance.
Max has shared his knowledge and expertise with over 100,000 people worldwide through programs like this, and through his books, including the popular SHRM/HarperCollins Leadership book: The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know. Second Edition.
In our expert-led, 75-minute program you’ll discover best practices to establish ethical and legally-compliant AI use policies for your employee handbook. Learn how to craft comprehensive policies that address crucial aspects such as privacy, bias mitigation, data protection, and employee rights.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org