Creating Effective Job Descriptions: Connecting Talent with Job Roles
Crafting purposeful job descriptions is crucial for attracting the right candidates and setting clear performance expectations from the start. These descriptions play a vital role in both your candidate attraction and employee retention efforts.
In this 60-minute event, you’ll learn how to create agile job descriptions that adapt to change without requiring excessive revision and maintenance. Join us to enhance your skills in crafting impactful job descriptions that align talent with your organization's goals.
- What to include & not to include in new & revised job descriptions
- Essential job responsibilities for business professionals, plus any job position
- How to identify appropriate job requirements & relevant skill sets needed
- Ways to ensure legal & ethical word choice for composting job descriptions
- Keys to making descriptions definitive yet flexible to meet today's work demands
Creating Effective Job Descriptions for Your Organization
- Essential components of a comprehensive job description
- Determining required vs. preferred skills and experience
- Keywords to use and those to avoid in job descriptions
- Aligning job descriptions with the org mission, vision, and values
Maintaining Relevant and Adaptable Job Descriptions
- Strategies to keep job descriptions up-to-date and "evergreen"
- Knowing when and why to update job descriptions
- Understanding candidate expectations from job postings
- Writing pointers to ensure your intentions are interpreted correctly
Streamlining the Job Description Processes
- Tools and templates to streamline creation and updates
- Updating today’s job descriptions as you prepare for “tomorrow”
- Reducing the time it takes to create or revise job descriptions
Question & Answer Session – have your specific question answered!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
Join our 60-minute, instructor-led program to learn how to craft job descriptions that accurately represent expectations and adapt to changing business needs, and transform them into compelling job postings that impress and attract exceptional candidates.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org