Termination Payouts: Everything You Need to Know to Stay Compliant
Since the country’s outbreak of COVID-19, businesses have had to take extreme measures to keep their company afloat during the pandemic - hour rollbacks, furloughs, compensation cuts, and layoffs.
When it comes to issuing final paychecks, you only have so much time to get it to employees while navigating the complex federal and state termination regulations.
And missing deadlines is the last thing you want, as you could be coughing up more cash for state late fees.
In this 60-minute workshop, you’ll navigate a bulletproof process to issue final paychecks, remain compliant, and meet your federal and state deadlines.
Learn actionable answers to your most pressing questions about issuing a final paycheck, including:
- How do final paycheck laws and processes differ depending on type of termination?
- What if the employee owes vacation days, tools, equipment, or uniforms?
- How are special circumstances handled - like deceased pay, child support, fringe benefits, tax levies, creditor garnishments, and more - during the final paycheck process?
When you leave this workshop, you’ll be equipped with:
- A checklist to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations affecting termination payments
- Best practices to successfully report at year end and retain records
- How to handle, record, and report severance packages
After this workshop, you won’t have to worry about:
- Missing the deadline for a terminated employee’s last paycheck
- Inaccurately processing an employee’s final paycheck
- Not knowing how to handle more advanced issues when it comes to paying terminated employees
About the Speaker
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training.
With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
When issuing final paychecks, there are many traps employers can fall into, which costs them later.
In this interactive workshop training, you’ll learn how to avoid common pitfalls and establish a strong process for issuing final paychecks on time and in compliance with your federal and state laws.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!