Dealing with Difficult Situations & Conversations: Transform Fear into Opportunities
Even the most seasoned managers can find it intimidating to delve into the heart of uncomfortable situations. However, sidestepping them may lead to deteriorating morale, which, in turn, paves the way for bigger challenges.
In fact, embracing these vital interactions is what propels teams towards greater innovation, while promoting a culture of transparency, honesty, and understanding.
We invite you to join our 60-minute transformative program, where you will discover:
- Strategies for channeling discussions towards problem-solving rather than finger-pointing
- The refined skill of addressing issues head-on with professionalism & empathy
- Keys to responding without defensiveness when faced with confrontation
- Tactics for discerning which issues merit confrontation & which do not
- How to navigate through conflicts while nurturing positive relationships
- Ways to prevent disagreements from morphing into heated disputes
Master the Art of Constructive Confrontation
- Solution-centered approaches for responding to bad behaviors
- How to offer critique without denting egos: The dos & don’ts
- A strategic framework for identifying which issues warrant confrontation
- Proven methods for navigating conflicts that involve power dynamics & cultural differences
Elevate Your Conversational Skills & Foster a Culture of Open Communication
- Techniques to regulate emotions & maintain composure in heated moments
- Ways to define clear objectives for nearly every conversation you conduct
- Effective follow-up strategies to amend negative behavior & reinforce positive changes
- Halt the spread of gossip & negativity: Tactics to mitigate potential backlash
Live Q&A Session: Have your specific questions & unique challenges addressed by the expert!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
- Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness.
- She is a resourceful, resilient, and relentless business professional with demonstrated success in building new programs, driving short-term efficiencies, and improving long-term effectiveness all through innovation, rigor, and courageous leadership.
- She has direct experience with a variety of industries, as well as in consulting, education, and not-for-profit organizations.
- With consistently high participant ratings, her webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements bring practical value to businesses of every size and type.
We will arm you with a toolkit of strategies and communication techniques tailor-made for any challenging situation you might encounter.
Join us and walk away with increased confidence, ready to tackle issues head-on with a constructive mindset.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org