Dealing with Patients from H***: De-escalating Tough Situations
Any healthcare staff could tell you plenty of stories about difficult patients - the ones who ruin a shift and are impossible to please. With our proven de-escalation strategies, you can make drastic improvements to your patient care, communication and take back control.
You'll learn actionable techniques that get immediate results, creating a less stressful work environment. Join us for a 60-minute workshop where you and your team will discover:
- Why reasoning alone isn’t enough
- How to constructively handle confrontations and backlash
- How to quickly defuse a bad situation before it escalates
- Proven ways to decrease your stress from these challenging interactions
Strategies to deal with different types of difficult patients:
- Discover what makes some patients so difficult and how to respond under pressure
- Uncover the hidden factors that drive difficult behaviors and verbal aggressions
- Typical types of people or situations you may encounter and different response strategies
Prevention techniques to stop problems from escalating:
- Stop taking it personally and handle the backlash with poise and professionalism
- Discover how to stay calm, cool, and collected - even when others are spiraling out of control
- Critical steps to take if (and, inevitably, when) a situation escalates
Best practices to recover and improve patient satisfaction:
- Keys to managing attitude problems and rude behavior
- Proven and practical approaches to solve problems promptly and effectively
- Boost your ability to respond to specific types of difficult behavior with real examples
- How to constructively confront problematic patients and avoid making a scene
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Myra Golden is a consultant and keynote speaker who has been helping companies for over twenty years to improve employee relations through her work with Human Resource Departments. Myra has trained thousands of people as a go-to trainer for some of the world’s largest brands.
- Myra has a master’s degree in human relations and a bachelor’s degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of Human Resources as it relates to the psychology of the employees.
- She is a veteran customer service expert who specializes in engaging employees through live training and online learning.
- Myra is a favorite training partner to Fortune 500 companies with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing workshops, working with large brands like McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, and Vera Bradley.
After attending this actionable workshop, you will be able to defuse tense interactions with difficult patients or visitors and create a less stressful, more patient-centric workplace.