Decoding MIPS and MACRA Laws
SummaryPrevent your practice from another pay cut in 2020. It has been over two years since MACRA was signed into law in 2015. However, the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) - where providers earn an adjustment on their Medicare payment based on performance - is far from straightforward.
Join us as we dive into the MIPS program and what it means for your practice. Learn how to pick measures that are easy to accomplish for your specialty and understand how to obtain a higher score by participating in the program. Find out how your PM and EHR can help you. Receive expert advice from the first two years of the MIPS program, get valuable insights on how the return of the cost category will affect your practice, and understand the impact of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018. Know what to expect in 2019 based on the proposed rule and avoid reimbursement cuts.
Join us for this information-packed session to understand the various parts of the program and know the different (and easiest) ways to report to Medicare.
- Learn how to report to CMS using claims, EMR or other sources
- Discover how you are scored for your performance and what that means for your bottom line
- Gain insight on how to select measures for your specialty
By understanding the program, you can make it work for you to get a positive payment adjustment
- Lessons learned from the first two years of the MIPS program that help your practice avoid mistakes
- Feel confident executing your daily duties and how to identify the patients you must report on
- Gain valuable insights on what the return of the cost category means for your practice
Take an in-depth look at the specific sections to maximize benefits for your specialty
- Make careful selections on which measure is best for your specific sector
- Know the facts on patient facing and non-patient facing clinicians
- Learn how to apply for a hardship exemption if the need were to arise
Be prepared for what to expect in 2019 based on the proposed rule
- Uncover the impact of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018- and what it means moving forward
- Understand the changes that are coming to the MIPS program in 2019
- Prevent your practice from losing revenue or taking a pay cut in 2020
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Stephanie has been in the medical field for nearly 20 years. She has experience in multiple specialties of medical billing and coding and is a certified Pain and Anesthesia Coder and a Certified Professional Coder. Billing is her passion, which is why she's efficient at maximizing reimbursements while educating providers and staff on proper coding techniques. She motivates and coaches our billers to ensure they achieve a high level of standards.
- Stephanie is the Billing Director for CE Medical Group, a third-party billing and consulting firm
- Her experience includes private practice administration, medical billing, and practice management consulting for numerous physicians and ASC's across the nation.
Join us for an information-packed webinar focused on the new programs and how they will affect your practice. Stephanie will go through each part: Quality, PI, IA and cost. Nail down the best ways to get your information to CMS for reporting. Feel confident with the measures that work for YOU and YOUR practice. Easily implement changes into your daily routine that pay. Gain a complete understanding of bonus points and how to obtain them for a higher performance score. If you had any doubts about MIPS - or any concerns on how to prepare for Year 3 - you don't want to miss this session!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org