Discussing Employee Pay: The Good, Bad and The Ugly!
How prepared are your managers to discuss pay with their employees? Discussing pay may make managers uncomfortable, but it’s a crucial part of their role. There are certain aspects managers need to be prepared to discuss, especially with the cost of living on the rise, and competition for talent being so high.
In our engaging, 60-minute program we’ll equip your management team with tools, techniques and proven strategies to confidently discuss pay with their employees. They’ll become much better prepared to set expectations and answer tough questions, while keeping emotion in check.
Join us, as we address:
- Who should bring up pay first: Management or employees?
- Keys to managing and clarifying employee expectations
- Why wage isn’t the only “pay” employees are thinking about
- Things managers should – and shouldn’t – say during pay reviews
- What if the employee isn’t happy with the discussion outcome?
Tools for Success When Discussing Employee Pay
- Explaining how your company sets pay rates and increases
- Highlighting factors such as bonus, incentives and benefits
- Top things to avoid saying when it comes to talking about pay
- Ensuring your employees feel heard and appreciated
Managing Employee Expectations & Opportunities
- What can they expect next year?
- Filling in the gaps: Skills and training needed to advance
- A bright future: Mapping growth opportunities for employees
- Appropriate responses when employees expect more
Teaming Up with HR to Be Better Prepared
- Fair market value: Is your company’s pay range as appealing as others’?
- Why job descriptions and classifications influence wage discussions
- How overall company performance affects employee pay
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore is the president of Casemore and Company where he works with leaders who want to increase their influence in the workplace:
- For nearly 20 years, Shawn Casemore has been helping organizations improve their operational performance.
- Some of his delighted clients include Magna International, Arvin Meritor, Bellwyck Packaging Solutions, and Bruce Power
- Shawn is a highly sought after national speaker and writer. His articles have been published in both print and online in several industry publications including "Globe and Mail", "CFO Magazine" and the "Association of Manufacturing"
Arm your managers with the must-have information and skills they need, to hold productive (required) salary/wage discussions with their employees. Compensation is more than about money!