Avoid Conflict, Boost Results: Leverage Diversity for Competitive Advantage
Today's diverse workplace is packed with gender, generational, and work-style differences, which often get in the way of productivity. Failing to recognize and adjust the imbalances not only opens your doors to conflict, but it also prevents you from being the best.
Learn how diversity and inclusion are about more than meeting a statistical requirement. Leveraging diversity is integral to your success because it gives you a competitive advantage that allows you to better grow, innovate, and increase revenue.
After this 75-minute program, you and your colleagues will be able to:
- Leverage diverse differences in the office: Take advantage for an increase in your performance
- Immediately confront uncomfortable situations and diffuse tension
- Embrace individual differences to elevate your career
- Implement proven examples to effectively work in a diverse work environment
Measure the benefits of diversity and inclusion in your organization
- How to become an employer of choice and reap the rewards
- Keys to increase employee engagement, accountability, and morale
- Why diversity and inclusion are critical to your success
Top strategies to avoid workplace bias
- Best practices to anticipate conflict and eliminate it
- Identify which behaviors can and cannot be changed
- Bridge the gap: Toolkit for making your workplace inclusive
- Fight or flight: How to handle borderline inappropriate behavior and expressed bias
Enhance the quality and effectiveness of the diversity pipeline
- Tools to reduce misconceptions and break down stereotypes
- Expert techniques for proficient collaboration in diverse relationships
- How to set inclusion goals and measure progress
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
In addition to corporate experience in several industries, Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than ten years. Her services span teaching how and why to prepare business plans, assisting in plan development and execution, and business plan review. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in strategic planning, project management, leadership, and ethics and conducts market analysis and competitive intelligence for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
- Michelle was the founding Chair of the Illinois Diversity Council Board of Directors.
- Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks(R) America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world and is also on the business faculty at College of DuPage. Through her business, she has published more than 120 monthly issues of her newsletter, Planning Possibilities, which is currently distributed worldwide to more than 4,000 clients and contacts.
- While consulting, Michelle became the Dean of the School of Business at Kendall College. She built and managed all aspects of the School, including faculty and curriculum selection and assessment, as well as program development. Reporting to the Provost, Ms. Coussens oversaw and managed all aspects of the Business School, including faculty and curriculum selection and assessment, as well as program development and enhancement.
In this 75-minute program, you will learn expert methods to reduce generational, cultural & gender conflict in order to create a more successful work environment.