Documentation Changes to Office Services Mandated by Final PFS Rule
Don't let the new PFS final rule cost you the reimbursements you deserve. CMS/Medicare's Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) final rule made many changes for office Evaluation and Management Services (E&M) for 2019 and future years. As a healthcare provider, you need to know each of these changes. You should know under what narrow situations the changes are allowed, the changes to the payment structure effective for 2019, and other key changes that will help ensure compliance and lead to increased reimbursements.
During this 60-minute training, you'll learn:
- What Medicare's Patients over Paperwork initiative means for you
- New technology codes: the services & the documentation requirements
- The latest documentation changes to streamline your processing & make your office/patient flow more efficient
- How your bottom line will be affected by changes already finalized for 2021
Documentation changes for Evaluation & Management services (E&M) for 2019
- Significant updates for new & established patients
- Specific changes for returning patients
- Update your office documentation to ensure compliance, service & maximized reimbursements
The Final Rule that you need to know to carry your practice through 2021
- Financial planning for Medicare's "Payment Modernization": Help your practice prepare for the rapidly approaching deadlines
- Additional new codes your physicians can use that add value & make up for deficits
- Increase efficiency with the latest documentation changes
Changes in digital processing, remote consultation & evaluation
- Remote evaluation of video or images submitted by a patient: what is the technology requirement; what does the patient need to consent to
- Inter-professional Internet consultations & the staff/documentation requirements
- The newest services added to Medicare's Telehealth list
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, has over 40 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians. Her unique style of working with physicians is not only effective but helps bridge the gap between coders and physicians from a practical perspective. Her comments and opinions can be seen in several publications and also heard on a variety of audio-conferences. Her background gives her a unique style of teaching using real life examples of coding and billing situations.
- Ms. Young is the Principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. A company founded 17 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff.
- Jill hates boring lectures, so be prepared for a presentation that is fast paced, enjoyable and informative.
Attending this workshop will prepare you for the changes in documentation (especially regarding EMR entry), financial remuneration, and auditing. You will be able to ensure proper documentation and compliance, thereby maximizing your reimbursements in 2019.