DOL’s Final Overtime Rule: Who’s Now Exempt & Who’s Not
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has issued its final rule impacting who now qualifies for overtime. The new rates could have a big impact on how you classify your exempt employees.
FLSA compliance continues to be a challenge for employers, and the new rules have everyone scrambling. Learn the latest DOL updates on the minimum weekly standard salary level and the total annual compensation requirement for “highly compensated employees.” We’ll show you how to effectively navigate the new FLSA overtime rules to ensure legal compliance, and mitigate risk.
Join us for this crucial, 105-minute webinar where we'll cover:
- DOL's final rules on FLSA overtime exemptions
- Exempt vs nonexempt: Classifying your employees
- Important updates to forms and instructions
- Handling forms and filing electronically
DOL's Final Overtime Rules: Compliance Updates for Employers
- Legal and regulatory changes impacting employers
- New salary threshold for exempt & non-exempt employees
- Minimum salary amounts to be properly classified as Salaried Exempt
- Benefits and credits that are about to expire
- Thresholds for retirement funding
- Reporting cost of employer sponsored health coverage: Who, what, when
- Handling expense reimbursements made to employees - reportable/taxable?
Forms & Instruction Updates: Filing Requirements & Best Practices
- How to efficiently execute an electronic W-4 program
- Benefits of the Online Withholding Calculator to you & employees
- Verifying employee social security numbers online
- Electronic filing with the SSA using Business Services Online (BSO)
- Where to turn to transmit employee copies of W-2’s electronically
Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Miles Hutchinson, CGMA, President, Learn Continuously, LLC
- Miles Hutchinson is an experienced businessman with over 40 years in the field.
- He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one billion dollar real estate development company.
- He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications. He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools available at www.soxpolicies.com and www.salestaxadvisors.com.
- His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
Join us to get a clear understanding of the DOL's final rule on the salary threshold for paying overtime to employees, and what you can do to get ready for the changes. You'll learn how to determine if your employees are exempt or non-exempt, including roles that are tough to categorize.