DOL’s New Overtime Rule: Who’s Exempt & Who’s Not Now
The United States Department of Labor (USDOL) is preparing to change the salary thresholds for exempt employees. The new rates could have a big impact on how you classify your employees, and could mean that more of your employees are eligible for overtime.
Employers need to be ready for the changes, plus prepared to pivot how employee duties are designed and compensation is paid.
Join us for the can’t-miss, 60-minute event to discover:
- How the new wage requirements could impact employers
- Keys to determining the exempt or non-exempt status of employees
- How to recognize the distinct roles that can be paid exempt
- The available exceptions to exemption classifications
- Due diligence and practices required for compliance
DOL's Overtime Rules Employers Need to Know
- Current & proposed regulations for overtime-exempt positions
- Salary thresholds for exempt & non-exempt employees
- Factors required for each exempt category
- Identify the distinct types of exempt employees & exceptions
- Review of time-keeping requirements
Navigating Compliance Requirements & Best Practices
- The interaction between federal, state & local regulations
- Compensation to be included in overtime calculations
- State overtime requirements and how they factor in
- Steps to ensure due diligence & compliance
- Risks for non-compliance & how to avoid them
Question & Answer Session – have your specific question answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). She is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
Tricia is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
For the National American Payroll Association, Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
Join us to get a clear understanding of the DOL's updated rules on the salary threshold for paying overtime to employees, and what you can do to get ready for the changes. You will learn how to determine if your employees are exempt or non-exempt, including roles that are difficult to categorize.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org