Don’t Let Your Managers Make these 15 FMLA Leave Mistakes
Without specific training, your managers may not know what they should - and shouldn’t - be asking employees expecting to use FMLA.
Do they know what does and does not qualify under FMLA?
What if they don’t recognize when an employee is asking for FMLA leave?
Will they recognize the signs of FMLA abuse?
In this 75-minute training session we’ll cover the 15 most common (and serious) errors made when administering FMLA leave to prevent anyone involved from landing your organization in hot water.
In this 75-minute training session, you’ll learn:
- The absolutely most critical things managers must know about FMLA leave
- How to prevent – and correct – the most common FMLA leave mistakes
- The interplay between FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, and disability programs
How to calculate an employee’s actual FMLA leave entitlements
- The two most important criteria when calculating intermittent FMLA leave
- When to retroactively designate time away from work as FMLA leave
- How two 12-month FMLA leave periods may overlap
- Determine when the 1,250 working hours eligibility requirement will have been met
Interfacing the FMLA with the ADA and other employment laws
- Administer proper benefits practices while an employee is on FMLA leave
- Recognize the interfaces between FMLA and workers’ compensation
- Reinstating an employee to the same or an equivalent job
Get answers to your managers’ most pressing questions
- What are the deadlines for both employers and employees to provide each other notices under the FMLA?
- When can the employer request recertifications of serious health conditions?
- Can an employer contact the employee’s health care provider to verify a certification?
About the Speaker
Max Muller has been an expert in business law for over 49 years. In 1990 he began a consulting practice focusing on workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc., as well as safety and health regulatory compliance.
Max has shared his knowledge and expertise with over 100,000 people worldwide through programs like this, and through his books, including the popular SHRM/HarperCollins Leadership book: The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know. Second Edition.
Get the tools managers need for a clear understanding of what they can and can't do when their employees ask for time off under FLMA. They'll also be equipped to spot possible instances of FMLA abuse, and what to do if red flags are spotted.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org